Monday, February 22, 2010

Week 6: February 15 and February 17




Before class this week we read two comical essays in The Longman Reader entitled Beauty and the Beast and What Shamu Taught Me About a Happy Marriage. Both of these passages were extremely comical and I really appreciated the humor/advice in each. SBS also introduced us to the Google Scholar tool, I had no idea this even existed so it was a valuable research tool to learn. In class this week we watched a video about female body image, wrote a journal about our thoughts on this and then we did a powerpoint on what the American male is said to be. I enjoyed doing these lessons because body image has been a struggle for me my whole life so it was interesting to see other people's perspectives. Outside of class we wrote our rough draft for our second paper and I continued with my topic of FCAT except I focused more on the effects on teachers.






No comments:

Post a Comment